Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Garden Girl....

Sometimes you have to dig in deep and use up those scraps!  lately, I have been promising myself I would not buy new papers until I go through my scrap bins and get those piles down to half their size.  let me tell you, that means I could be making cards every day for a full year using my scraps before I allow myself to buy new paper!  Yes, my scraps piles are THAT large!


I store my scraps in plastic carts, and separate by color groups and then holiday, specialty (like vellum, flocked paper, mirror paper, etc), pattern, stripes (I use a lot of stripes!)  Anyway, we'll see if I can bring the pile of scraps to a more reasonable level!




This stamped image was fun to color....and I found some great scraps in my stash to go with her!


RECIPE FOR CARD:

PAPERS:  Detail Blending for digi stamp base, Scrap papers
INKS:  Copics, Memento Ink (Tuxedo Black), Memento Ink (Paris Dusk)
STAMPS:  The Greeting Farm: Rock the Farm,  phrase stamp from Daisy Bucket
ADHESIVE:  3M Adhesive 
MISC:  ribbon scrap, NestabilitiesColor Me Crazy Flowers, Smooch
TECHNIQUES: Copic Coloring Techniques, Out of Bounds Technique, Copic Air Brush (on flower)



COPIC COLORS:
Hair:  E13, E55, E59
Hat: Y0000, Y02, RV14, RV19
Scarf/Bows: RV14, RV19
Overalls: B00, B02, B05
Buckets: C00, C02, C04
Skin: E0000, E000, E01, R12
Hears on Hat/Pail: Taffy Smooch

A couple of years ago, I did a video about how to do the Out of Bounds Technique using Nestabilities....here is that video, which you may find helpful!




That's if from me today!  Scrap on my friends!

Michelle Hessler
www.paperthreadsblog.com

 Enter once per theme this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment