Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summery Birthday Greetings

Birthday greetings tend to start all looking the same!  Hopefully this greeting will brighten up your day....and get you thinking of warm tropical weather!!  I was in a creative mode...and decided to try to make as many cards as I could in under a half hour, just by using the same set of stamps and colors of papers!

Everything used here is stamping up.  I don't remember the names of all the stamps, as I have remounted them all, and at the time I remounted, I didn't think ahead to label them with their stamp set name!

To do the birthday greetings in the first card, I stamped a scrap paper, tore around the greeting, stuck it to the paper, and used that as a mask.  Then stamped the flower for a background (stamping off the ink first on scrap paper, and then doing a second stamp on the paper...to give it a faded out look)  When done, I removed the mask and then stamped the greeting directly on the card.






Hope you enjoy the card samples!  You can join on in our new monthly challenges for June too...see the link below!


ENTER JUNE'S CHALLENGE:

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea.. love the colours and the stamps are pretty...
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Idea pretty bad, rendered the colors great. Combination is awesome too. I would love to make one for my father.

    ReplyDelete